Summer Camp USA

Summer Camp USA

The Camp Counselor Program allows post-secondary students, youth workers and teachers to share their culture and ideas with Americans at summer camps that take place between May 1 and June 15 throughout the country.

This program is another of the international exchange spaces to which you apply under a J1 (Exchange Visitor) visa category.

camping, tent, mountains-4431837.jpg

To participate in the program you must meet the following requirements:

  • Be between 18 and 30 years old at the time of applying
  • Be a post-secondary student, youth worker, professor or special education teacher
  • Have an intermediate level of English
  • Being able to supervise and interact with groups of children and/or young people between the ages of 6 and 16 years
  • Enroll with an authorized exchange agency. The cost of the program ranges from US$500 to US$600

boy, scout, scouting-1822557.jpg

The length of the program is nine weeks in which you will have a remuneration, commonly known as pocket money, between US$1,550 to US$1,950 depending on the role you play in the camp; either as a camp counselor, activity leader or special needs counselor.

The latter earns an additional $100 a season for assisting campers with special needs.

Look at the list of activities that you can teach in a camp here.

grand teton, national park, lake lake mcdonald-2101142.jpg

In addition to the cost of the program, you will have to pay additional fees of US$160 for your visa application, US$35 for SEVIS and US$100 for the criminal background check.

Remember that within the camp you will not be able to carry out functions of administrative staff, cook, domestic worker, dishwasher or janitor. On the other hand, you will have free time to explore and recharge during your stay in the camp along with 30 free days to travel at the end of the camp.

camper, vacations, camping-2834108.jpg

Do not hesitate and enroll in a summer camp USA!

If you want personalized advice on this or another international program, you need to present your tax return, or help with the visa process, you can schedule your appointment here.

Share this content:

Leave a Reply